Monday, May 29, 2006

I am a Promise!!

I am a promise! I am a possibility! I am a promise, with a capital "P"! I am a great, big bundle of potentiality!! Boy, the kids did such a great job last night!! I remember singing songs like the ones they performed last night when I was in the children's/youth choir. We had so much fun. We are indeed a promise! A promise of God's faithful and undying love for each of us. He has so much in store for us if we just open our hearts and minds to all He has to offer.

Our Sunday School class is continuing with the study of "The Purpose Driven Life". It is certainly making me reflect and think on some areas of my life that need improvement. We are all jars of clay, waiting to be molded into what God wants us to be. Sure, I get frustrated with the things of life. We all do. But we have to remember we have a higher purpose than the trivial things of this world. We have a beautiful home waiting for us with our Lord and Savior. I am thankful to be a part of the family of God!!

We have some exciting things about to take place in our church. Vacation Bible School is about to start. The children and youth have many activities to look forward to. There is something for everyone to enjoy!

Speaking of VBS. It is to begin this Sunday, June 4th @ 6pm. There are classes for everyone. Classes will end each night at 8:30. The last night will be Thursday, June 8th. Come out and bring a friend and enjoy the fun time of food, fellowship, games and crafts. You won't be sorry!!

Youth: remember Sunday evening worship services have begun for you! Please be in the gym at 6:30 and be prepared to worship. Services will end at 8pm.

Children: there will be a summer kick-off party this Saturday, June 3rd. Meet at the church at 1pm to ride on the van. Parents: children will return to the church at 4pm.

Rising 4th, 5th and 6th graders: if you are looking for an adventure, look no further! Camp at White Oak is coming soon. A $25.00 deposit is in order if you would like to attend.

We will be having a guest speaker this Sunday. Please remember to keep him and his family in your prayers. I pray that God's will be done.

There will also be a "Farewell Drop-In" for our pastor and his wife on Sunday, June 11th in the fellowship hall from 3-5pm. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend. Your presence will be your gift. I know they will be missed. We have truly been blessed to have them and I know God will continue to bless them!

That is all I have for now. If you know of any other activities that I neglected to mention here, please let me know. I hope that each of you will have a blessed week!

Take care and see you next Sunday!

Love in Christ,

Tina :-)