Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Long Drive

As we are all aware, the youth of our church will be participating in a 30 hour famine this Saturday, July 29th-30th. They will be fasting for 30 hours in order to raise money for world hunger. As part of this event, they will be holding a Long Drive Contest (golf) from 10am-12noon on Saturday, July 29th. This will take place behing St. Mark's United Methodist Church on the outskirts of North heading toward Orangeburg. You must bring your own equipment. Cost to participate is $3.00 per ball and you may purchase as many as you would like. Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be cakes donated by ladies of FBC. Trust me, they will be scrumptous!!! All proceeds will go to the 30 hour famine for world hunger. Remember to keep our youth in your prayers as they draw closer to the time of this event. World hunger is a serious problem and I am proud that they will be participating in such an important mission.

**The youth are asking for donations of popsicles with fruit juice in them, orange juice or fruit juices to help keep them hydrated during the 30 hour famine. Am sure water and Gatorade would be appreciated as well! They are also asking that if you wish to donate any of these items, please bring them to the fellowship hall this Wednesday evening (July 26th).**

We had a wonderful time at our covered dish and pounding for our new pastor and his wife today. The food was delicious as always, but the fellowship was even better. I enjoyed every moment of it and I hope you did too! The message this morning was on unity. We, as Christians, should and need to be united. When we aren't, it allows Satan to stand even taller and be even bolder to his bidding. If he finds any way to gain entrance, he will take full advantage of that opportunity. When we as Christians say negative things about other people (and we are ALL guilty of this at some point), it only allows Satan to be stronger.

I am finding that along with the messages we have been hearing in church lately, along with the reading of "The Purpose Driven Life" and even some comments made to me by some very dear friends of mine, I really have some issues in my life I need to work on. I know it will be hard, and I know with God's guidance I can do this. As I said, it will be hard. Old habits are hard to break!

I hope each of you will have a blessed Sunday! Take care and until next time, God bless!

Love in Christ,

Tina :-)