Monday, June 18, 2007

Tina's Travels

Hello! I hope your week got off to a good start. I was out of town over the weekend attending a conference in Myrtle Beach for work. We had a pretty good time. Didn't get on the beach much due to the number of courses we had to take. Actually got to spend an hour on the beach Saturday afternoon. Was very nice.

I thought I would share some of my stories with you from my trip. On the way to the beach I got very side tracked. Ended up taking a route that put my arrival to the beach much later than it should have. I actually took that ordeal rather well. Normally I get very upset when those things happen. I was teased quite a bit by my boss and co-worker, plus by some of the drug reps. I do know how to get to Myrtle Beach, believe it or not!! :-)

Then on my way home I was lucky enough to get a speeding ticket. First one I have had in years. I was traveling 85 in a 70 mph speed zone. I know, bad Tina! :-) I am planning to go to court and hopefully will be able to get the fine and points reduced. I also took that situation in great stride.

During my journey off the main road, I joked about how God might have thought I needed to get side tracked. It allowed me to see some very nice houses and some tobacco and corn growing. Maybe it was a way of getting me to look at something differently than I did before. Not sure at the moment what that thing might be, but maybe that's the intention. If not, then it was worth the side trip.

Now we will get down to business. Here are some activities taking place around our church this week:

Don't forget about the Children's Good News Bible Club. Applications are available for those who wish to participate. The cost of processing the application is $5.00. This amount should be provided by the applicant. Please see our pastor or Minister to Students to get an application or if you have any questions regarding this club.

I hope all the dads had a wonderful father's day. Fathers are normally not in the spotlight the way mothers are. The role a father plays in a family is very important. It is the basis of which a daughter can build a general idea of the type of man she wishes to marry. How a man treats his family says a lot about his character. But we shouldn't express our appreciation for our fathers one day a year. They need that reassurance each and every day. Just like we do.

Women on Mission will meet this Wed., June 20th at 7pm in the choir room in the fellowship hall. All ladies are invited and encouraged to attend.

Remember our youth in your prayers as they prepare for their trip to camp next week. I pray that God will touch them in a mighty way. They will leave on Monday, June 25th and will arrive back home on Friday, June 29th.

Tuesdays at North (TAN) has been underway since June 12th. This is a day camp for children in 1st through 5th grades. Many activities are part of the fun. You will be doing all kinds of fun things like: games, fun lessons, songs and crafts. Snacks will also be provided. If you are interested in donating snacks, drinks, craft materials or ideas, please see our Minister of Students. He will be glad to assist you.

There will be a Children's Committee meeting Sunday, June 24th.

Next Sunday there will be a covered dish lunch in honor of our Minister of Music and his wife. I am saddened to see them leave. But I know that God has a plan in mind for them in their new journey. They will be an hour or so from us and very close in thought and prayer. I wish them every happiness in their new location. Lunch will be served in the fellowship hall immediately following the morning worship service.

I believe that covers all I have for now. If I left anything out, please email me and let me know. I can be reached at nricha4903@hotmail.com.

Until next time, take care and God bless!


Love in Christ,

Tina :-)