Saturday, July 07, 2007

Hello and good Saturday evening! Hope you have been enjoying your weekend. I am very thankful for the rain we were blessed with this afternoon. I wanted to take a few minutes to update you on some activities taking place this week.

Our pastor is beginning a sermon series on recognizing "signs" of the second coming of Christ. The message Sunday morning will be "The Man and His Miracles: The Party is Over?" John 2:1-11. The evening sermon is entitled "Stories of the Vineyard: The Importance of Abiding" John 15:4-7. He previously preached on "Understanding the End Times", but has been led to speak to us on recognizing signs of the end times. Events are taking place each and every day that may be leading us closer to the time of Christ's return to earth. Are we ready? If you or someone you know is searching for everlasting life.......the answer is in Jesus Christ. He is the Way to the Father. The only way to heaven.

I have been reading for quite some time now, (I am ashamed to admit it has taken me so long to complete the book) "When Godly People do UnGodly Things" by Beth Moore. I have found the book to be very thought-provoking. In one of the chapters she writes about putting ourselves at the foot of the cross and feeling the drops of blood falling from the head of Jesus. His blood was spilled so that we may be saved. What a precious gift our Father in heaven bestowed upon us in sending His only son to die for us. We are sinners. We have no right to expect anything from God and have the obligation to give Him our all. When I think of how enormous God is and His unfailing love, it takes my breath away. To be loved to earnestly and whole-heartedly. If only we could love one another in such a way! I pray that we will all do our best to be the people God would have us to be.

There will be a quarterly church conference Sunday, July 8th following the morning worship service.

Attention Youth Committee members: there will be a committee meeting Sunday, July 8th in the gym. Please check Sunday's bulletin for the time.

SNAC (Sunday nights after church) begin tomorrow evening (Sunday, July 8th).

Parents of children grades 1st-5th, don't forget about TAN (Tuesdays at North). This activity is held at the church between 10am-1pm. Please see our Minister of Students if your child needs a ride to the church!

The Nominating Committee will meet in the church conference room Sunday, July 8th at 4pm. Please be in prayer for our committee as they search for folks to serve on various committees in our church.

The youth will have an outing on Friday, July 20th. They will be traveling to Whirlin' Waters adventure park. Details to be sent out.

Children's Committee: there will be a meeting on Sunday, July 22nd. Please check your bulletin for the time.

I understand that the 4th of July picnic/celebration was a huge success. I heard the fireworks going off at my house. I hate I wasn't there to see it all. As I sit here typing this blog, I can hear fireworks going off now. They are certainly a sight to behold!

I hope you enjoy your Saturday evening. Until next time, take care and God bless!

Love in Christ,

Tina :-)