Thursday, February 28, 2008

Change and Reflection

Hello and good Thursday evening to each of you. I hope your week has been going well and full of blessings from God. He is so good and we are very unworthy of His love. Alas, He knew we would make mistakes. With that thought in mind, He sent His Son to die upon a cross so many years ago. As February comes to a close, March brings in a new month of promise and hope. During the month of March we will celebrate Easter. A time of renewal and reflection. A time to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior.

Speaking of reflection, I have been looking back on the moments from my past. With those reflections I am reminded of how truly blessed I am. As I visit the "days of old", I reflect on being a part of the North FBC youth group and all the fun we had. I recall those people we grew up with and developed lasting friendships that have stood the test of time. Not all people are that fortunate.

God brings people into our lives to help open our eyes to things we may not see otherwise. Whether it's for a season or a lifetime. We need to savor every moment we have on this earth. Savor them and make them count. It's very difficult to go back into the past and make changes. Change begins right now, in this very second/minute. All to often people find themselves saying "We'll have a baby when we have more money". Or "There's plenty of time to find that special someone to spend the rest of your life with". When we pass up gifts that God has sent to us in whatever form they might be in at the time, we may be passing up our only chance to right a past wrong or share God's love with another.

We should always be on our toes; because others are watching, waiting for us to stumble and fall. We need to rely on God to supply us with the strength we need to weather the storms of life. He knows what's best for today and always. We need to be trusting in His perfect will for our lives.

As I said before, I recall the times of fun and fellowship shared while part of the youth group. I remember growing up in this little town of North and making friendships that have lasted a very long while. I have made a lot of friends along the way and am thankful for each and every one of them.

I remember times of hanging out "under the trees" and just talking and laughing with those who were there. Some very good frienships began there as well as at church. We had a grand ol' time! There are days that I really miss those times; but pages must be turned so the story can be continued. I look back on my life and the things I have done along the way. As I take that look back, I am very happy to say that I have no regrets about anything that happened. Each thing contributed it's own unique mark and enriched my life so much more.

I could go on forever about all the blessings God has put in my life. From the family whom I dearly love and I know they feel the same about me, to the friendships formed over the years whether at church or otherwise.

Granted, I am not always the type of friend I should be. I have developed some bad habits in that department. Behaviors that only I can change. Including being away from church for so long.

A co-worker/friend and I were talking the other day about the power of prayer, how a collective group decides on the destination for their mission trip each year, and how others seem to be more content in the life they are leading. We both know that happiness can't come from others. It is something that must come from within and from God. We also realize that we sometimes choose to disobey the direction God would have us go. When we do that, it can come across as we are rebelling against God and His master design for our lives. That is a statement I think may be an accurate one. We need to stop looking for that thing we think will make us happy and focus on God and His perfect will for our lives. He won't steer us in the wrong direction.

I would sit here and type a list of all the people who made a positive impact on my life, but the list would be rather long and I wouldn't want to leave anyone out.

When we get testy with other people for whatever reason, we may be missing out on a chance to tell someone about God's love. As Christians, we don't want to give others the wrong idea and we definitely don't want to display unChristian-like behavior. I am forever being reminded of how sharp my tongue can be. I don't really think I need to have that explained to me over and over again. When people criticize another in that fashion, they should remember to take a long, hard look at themselves before they "judge" someone else.

Anyway, I guess I will close for now. I apologize for not writing more often than I do. I will try and do better.

Until next time, take care and God bless!

In Christian Love,

Tina :-)