Monday, May 17, 2004

Another exciting day at church, and I mean all day! We started this Lord's Day with a special family breakfast at 8 AM. With a crowd of family members [estimated to be nearly 100] we saw nearly every seat in the fellowship hall filled. The men of the church did an outstanding job with a full course breakfast meal. Entertainment was provided by three sisters, called the Fralick Sisters, who blessed us with a number of old time hymns. In addition, young Lance Fogle, age 16, thrilled us with two inspiring hymns.
During the morning worship hour, the church was called into special conference to vote on several personnel positions to be filled, one of which was concerning me. The church family voted to call me as Minister of Education and Administration. This is a great blessing for me, as it will allow me to continue a ministry of serving the Lord even though I am nearly 72 years old, and have slowed down quite a bit. I am excited and looking forward to working on the staff with our pastor, Rev. Larry Shull, John Mew, our Minister of Youth and Childen, and Joan Buckheister, the ministry assistant. Plus, a great church family. I covet your prayers for the days to come. I will be reporting on a regular basis for those who read these blogs.

At 4PM, we had a drop-in wedding shower for John Mew and his fiance, Karla York,who will be married in mid June. Two very happy young people. John has really done an outstanding work in his first months of ministry to our youth and children.

Then, to wrap it all up, we enjoyed our Discipleship Training classes. I am privileged to teach the Adults in DT and we are working our way through an in-depth study about Spiritual Warfare. Following DT, our evening worship service closed the day with a presentation from our puppet ministry, and several songs from our small children. Of course we had an outstanding sermon from pastor Larry Shull about the church that makes God sick, the Laodicea church of Rev. 3:14.
God is truly blessing. Please pray for my church family.
God Bless you...

No comments: