Monday, May 03, 2004

Sunday was a great day in the life of our church! And, we even had some rain for the dry and thirsty land....Sunday School attendance was up, and everyone seemed to be excited and happy. Announcement was made of the forthcoming marriage of our new youth and childrens minister, John Mew, to Karla York. They will be married in June, and a bridal shower will be given for them in the church fellowship hall on Sunday, May 16. This will be sort of unusual because men and women are invited to the shower.
Also on the same Sunday, there is a special called church conference to vote on calling me, DRR, as Minister of Education and Administration as a paid staff member. Who ever said I could retire...? Retirement sure does get boring, and now I can have another ministry for as long as the Lord allows me to go on. I covet the prayers of all who read these words, and pray that, if I am called, that I can be an effective and faithful minister of our church. I am looking forward to working closely with our pastor and with the minister of children and youth. This is a humbling experience for me, and I can only give God the praise and glory for allowing me to continue serving Him here in my "golden years".