Thursday, September 30, 2004

The Sound of Music

As you know, we have been searching for a music man [person] for our church, to lead our music program and choir ministry, plus working with the youth and children. So far we have had two applicants, interviewed one, but now we are overjoyed to learn that our former music director is going to continue her ministry with us. Due to her work in our church, as far back as I can remember, the music program has been outstanding. We thought that her health would cause her to retire, but the doctor has given her a clean bill of health, so with some assistance from the choir members,she is back with us again. The Lord sent us the right person for the position, one we had all along, and we rejoice in what has happened. The North church family is an exciting church, and we just praise the Lord for all that He is doing with us.
What is your idea of a theme for our church family? For the first thirty years of my ministry, I used the theme, "Preaching the Old Fashioned Gospel to a New Fashioned World." It worked for me. As I was thinking of the old days, I thought, why not a theme for us? Can you think of something we might use? Email me at fbcnorth@tds.net if you have an idea.Think about it.
Our monthly newsletter, The Messenger, is in the mail for our church members. If you would like to keep up with our church, and not currently on the mailing list, drop us a line, email or snail, and we will add you to the list.

First Baptist Church
PO Box 189
North, SC 29112

So long for now...God loves you, and so do I.

No comments: