Tuesday, October 05, 2004

CURRENT EVENTS AT FBC NORTH

Don't know about you, but I had a great day last Sunday. My youngest son, David, is pastor of the Double Branch Baptist Church in Orangeburg. David was invited to return to a former church in Cross Anchor, SC to preach in the 200th Anniversary, and he asked me to fill in for him in the AM service. We had a great time and the church was filled to overflowing. David is building a great work there, and this makes Daddy very proud. I have preached there several times, and led the Adult Vacation Bible School in the summer. It is a real joy for a pastor/teacher to go to different churches and share the Word of God.
Our pastor, Bro. Larry Shull, added the topping in his evening sermon from Revelation. Do you believe that we are in the last days of God's earthly plan. Signs are on every hand. How exciting it is to see prophecies fulfilled right before our eyes. Come Quickly, Lord Jesus!
Sent most of you a special note today about the Red Cross Blood Drive, which we are hosting on Sunday, October 17 from 1-6 PM. Sign up sheets in the vestibule, or you may call us in the church office, 247-2711 and we will schedule you. We can take two donors per hour. If you drop in, I am sure that you can be worked in. Please pray about this, even if you cannot give, pray that others will be led to give. In my confinement in the hospital with five operations on my knee, I received 5 units of blood, and I appreciate those who gave for me. I needed it..
As I write these notes from time to time, most of the time with my laptop on my lap, I try to picture the faces of those who are on my email list. I want to personally direct these thoughts to you, because are always in my thoughts, in my prayers, and in my heart. I pray that our Father will continue to bless you in countless ways.

Time to stop for now, but remember your church and Christian brethren in your prayers.

No comments: