Thursday, May 05, 2005

REVIVAL

Spring means REVIVAL....and it is here, along with Mother's Day! Sunday morning, May 8, we will recognize our mothers in the morning worship service,we will dedicate three babies, and then start our revival in the evening service. The revival will extend each evening from Sunday through Wednesday, with Rev. Dan Gardner, chalk artist and evangelist as our speaker. We are looking forward to having a great time, and urge you to attend if you can, and bring some friends. Casual dress, informal services, and good fellowship.

We are getting ready to begin our Old Testament listening to the Word. The plan is to get all our tapes or CDs ready, and start listening to the entire Old Testament on Father's Day, going through Christmas Day. Six months of listening, at 20 minutes each day will do it. Sounds like a lot, but ask those who did the New Testament for 28 minutes a day how easy it is, and what a blessing it is. If you are not a part of our church family, but would like to participate with us, let me know. Reember, Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing the Word of God. More on this later.

I have been asked to return to a former church on Sunday morning, May 15, for their annual Senior Adult Sunday. What a blessing it is to go back to my former churches and meet with old friends once again. I served as pastor of the Bethany Baptist Church for nearly nine years, and it does seem as if we are going home again. The only thing is that for those years I had the duty of asking old ministers to come and speak, and now I am one of the old ministers!! Time has a way of marching on, doesn't it? I used to be one of the youngest men in the church, and now I am one of the oldest. What happened? All my friends sure do look old now these days. Oh well, God is so good to allow us to live these many years we have.

I notice that a few folks check into this blog each day, according to the counter, and I do appreciate them coming by and checking out these ramblings. We are just trying to make our presence known by this blog, and hopefully to keep our church family computer users informed about church activities.

Pray for us....

No comments: