Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Summer is here and is it HOT!

Hello to the FBC family and our friends. Summer is here, and wow, is it hot!! Just a few posts ago, I was writing about how cold it was, or how rainy, and now, is it hot! Are we ever satisfied with the weather? No. But the only thing we can be satisfied with is Jesus, or Lord and Savior. And how He is working these days in our church. Of course, we are in the summer slump, with lots of vacationing members, in the mountains and at the lakes and the beach. But, we are still having exciting worship services and good attendance to the activities of our church. It is good to have faithful church members who continue to come and support the ministry of our church.

Our pastor brought two outstanding messages to us last Sunday. We are privileged to have such a good preacher and pastor to lead us. Please continue to pray for Larry and Brenda as they lead us during these days. We are blessed!

Pastor Donny has taken over the Sunday Morning Seminary Class which I started several years ago. This is a great discussion class, and he is a capable leader. If you are not involved in Sunday School, or just looking for a change of pace, visit the Fellowship Hall classroom next Sunday morning at 9:45 AM and check it out. We want you to be involved in Sunday School, and if you would like to change classes, you are welcome to do so. We just want everyone to be where they want to be.

And speaking of Sunday School, Michael Ann Bolin will be the new Sunday School director for the coming church year. Please pray for Michael Ann, and support her with your attendance each week. One of her desires is for each class to have an active outreach program, to seek out new members and involve them in the life of our church. Invite your friends and neighbors to come to Sunday School with you. I believe they will enjoy it, and have a good time with us.

I covet your continued prayers as I have been having some very difficult health problems lately. It seems that, even though I am as big as a house, and healthly looking for a man who is coming up on 73 years in August, that I am anemic! Can you imagine? With all the red meat that I consume, I still am not getting enough iron in my system. I take heavy doses of iron each day, but my body does not absorb it, so all the blood tests show that I am anemic. Thank you for your prayers; that the Lord will give me an infusion of spiritual iron and I can get back to doing the work that He has called me to do.

No comments: