Tuesday, August 02, 2005

AUGUST IS A GREAT MONTH!

Yes, August is a great month, one that I have come to love and appreciate for nearly 73 years, since I have been in the world since August, 1932. Imagine, being that old! And the Lord is still using me! And I have found myself in a church family like this! I am so blessed, and praise God for it. You are my church family, my brothers and sisters in Christ, and I love you all. You have really blessed Carolyn and me with your expressions of concern, love and fellowship during these past 5 years. God is soooo Good! All the time!

What a fresh spirit we felt in our worship services last Sunday. Having Adam Stich come on board as our worship director has really been a blessing for us. You could just feel that the congregation was enjoying the singing, and the choir did an outstanding job. We are blessed to have Adam here, and he and Ashley are the answers to the many prayers we have made over the past year or so.

Pastor Donny and the Children's Spot during the morning worship service received an ovation of applause as he led them in marching forward for the Lord. You had to be there to appreciate it. Donny has brought a sense of excitement to our church also, as he leads the Children and Youth.

Looking ahead to August 14, all church members and friends are reminded that we will have a covered dish luncheon in the Fellowship Hall immediately following the morning worship hour to officially welcome Adam and Ashley Stich to our church family. You know us Baptists, we celebrate everything we do by eating! Come and bring a friend.

That is all for now, remember who loves you....
Bro. Don

No comments: