Saturday, June 17, 2006

Hats off to Dad!

Well, tomorrow is Father's Day. Time to show dear ol' dad just how much he means to us. As with Mother's Day, we should not wait for only one day a year to arrive to show mom and dad how much they mean to us. All year long they show us how much we mean to them.

I am thankful each and every day for my dad. He means a lot to me (more than words can ever express). I don't know where I would be without him. He has instilled in me a sense of right and wrong but most of all he has shown me many, many times just how much he loves me. Not only me, but all his children.

Not only am I thankful for my earthly father, but I am also grateful for my Heavenly Father. I am humbled that He sent His only Son to die to save me from my sins. A blessing that amazes me each and every day that He could love us that much. I look forward to the day when I will see my Savior face to face.

I encourage each of us to take the time to show dad a little extra love and patience not only tomorrow, but everyday.

Don't forget about Men's breakfast tomorrow morning at 8am. Remember to set your alarm clock so you don't miss this wonderful time of food and fellowship.

I also wanted to mention that during VBS, we had one profession of faith. This young lady made a public profession of faith last Sunday and is a candidate for baptism. Tis a beautiful moment in her life and I encourage each of us to help her grow and become the person Christ would have her to be. Congratulations and welcome to the family. The family of God!

Take care and happy Father's Day!

Love in Christ,

Tina :-)