Monday, August 07, 2006

All Good Things Must End

Well, it's official. Summer is almost at an end. Not the actual season, but the moments of freedom that students and teachers shared for the past few months. I remember this time of year when I was still in school. The feeling of excitement of seeing your school buddies again and the disappointment that the summer never seemed long enough. I also remember going to help my mom prepare her room each to welcome the students. I always enjoyed doing that. Now, some may say "Why didn't you become a teacher?". It wasn't something I felt compelled to do. I watched my mom year after year and just decided it wasn't for me. It can be a very rewarding field, but it takes a special person to teach. And they aren't paid what they are worth!! Especially with some of the things they have to put up with day in and day out. My hat is off to the teachers of this world. We wouldn't be where we are today if it weren't for you!

We have a lot of exciting things going on around our church in the next few weeks. Please remember mark the dates on your calendar so you don't miss out!

The young boys will be having a lock-in Friday, August 18th until Saturday, August 19th. Make plans to be there and bring a friend. I am sure you will have a marvelous time!

The gym will be open for the youth Saturday, August 12 from 7-10pm. Come on out for a great time of fun and fellowship.

Secret Power for teen girls starts Sunday, August 13th. See our youth and children's leader for more details!

North Elementary and High schools will resume classes on Monday, August 14th. I hope that each student and teacher will have a very rewarding year!

Don't forget to contact the church office with any prayer requests you may have. Please also remember to contact the office again to remove name(s). Your patience and assistance with this is greatly appreciated!

Men: don't forget about Men's Prayer Garden every Friday. Weather permitting, you will meet in the prayer garden or in the church sanctuary. All men are invited and encourage to attend.

Adult choir practice has started once again. This is your chance to come and join in the fun. We would love to have you join us. Practice begins immediately following the evening worship service. We meet in the choir room in the fellowship hall. Hope to see you there!

It has also come to my attention that if you are wishing to join a disciplship training class, we now have someone who will take care of the little ones for us during that hour from 5-6pm each Sunday. Then during the worship service, they will be having their own choir practice. Would love to have you join us during that time of learning and fellowship as well.

I believe that about covers all I have for now. I hope I didn't leave anything out or misquote anything. I pray that you will have a wonderfully blessed week. Until next time, take care and God bless!

Love in Christ,

Tina :-)