Wednesday, November 24, 2004

THANKSGIVING EVE 2004

The older I get, the faster these holidays come around. I find it very difficult to comprehend that we are swiftly closing out the year of 2004 and will soon be in 2005. Can you imagine? 2005 years. Who would have thought that we would have lived in two different centuries and still be pressing on the 'upward way'!
I pray that you all will have a great holiday season this year. We in the church office wish you the best as you prepare to enjoy a day of thanksgiving tomorrow, and then to be caught up in the Christmas rush. It is still exciting to me to feel the spirit of Christmas. It reminds me when I was a little boy back in the late 30's and was enthralled by all the Christmas decorations, the fancy toys, the good eats, and the little bag of fruit and candy that my church would give out at the annual church Christmas party. We have so much more these days, but I was very proud to get the little bag of fruit, such as an apple, a banana, some nuts, and a candy cane. And often, there would be a little toy of some sort. Exciting days. I wish that we could all recapture those feelings now, here nearly 70 years later. Something has happend over the years, we have been accustomed to too much of a material nature, and our children will never have that feeling which we had. Today it is too much, too often, and very seldom truly appreciated. But, I do appreciate knowing you, and hope that these ramblings will show you that we are seeking to have an 'exciting church, where people really do love one another.'
Come regularly to our services if you are nearby, and if you are some distance away, when you go to your church to enjoy the Lord's Day, remember to say a little prayer for us at FBC North.
God loves you, and so do WE..

No comments: