Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Happy Spring!!

Sure doesn't feel like spring, but I am glad it is here!! As I have gotten older I have to come to love spring and fall more than any other time of year. For me, it is a time of reflection and I love to see everything blooming and all the beautiful colors God paints everything. How anyone could ever say there is no God, I have no idea. Who else could paint the sky with the beautiful sunrises and sunsets we see! Certainly not man. We fall short every time.

In reporting the business of our church I am pleased to announce that the youth were able to raise $534 from this past Sunday's spaghetti dinner/talent show. It is always a blessing to see our young people working for the Lord!

I also want to apologize for not mentioning the Men's breakfast that was held last Sunday. Was truly an oversight on my part. When I realized I had neglected to mention it, I felt terrible. Please forgive me!!

In other news, our director of Vacation Bible School is looking for willing teachers to help with the upcoming VBS time this year. If you would like to teach or assist in teaching a class, please let her know. You will truly be blessed!

Don't forget about First Place on Monday nights. Weigh in starts at 6:30 and the session begins at 7pm. Don't miss out on this opportunity to grow and learn how to become more spiritually and physically sound.

Children and parents: remember the children will be going to the zoo and Finlay Park Saturday, March 25th. If I remember correctly, they will be gone from 9-3 that day. I will double-check and post if it is a different time than I recall.

Let us remember those that are sick, bereaved or otherwise in need of prayer. We should also remember our President, military and their families, and other leaders.

That covers all that I have for now. I hope the remainder of your week is wonderfully blessed. Take care and my love to each of you!

Love in Christ,

Tina :-)