Sunday, March 19, 2006

Talent Abounding!

The spaghetti dinner/talent show was a big success! We are fortunate to have so many talented folks in our church. Talents that were on display ranged from vocal stylings, to guitar or trombone playing, yo-yo tricks and clogging. Everyone did a fabulous job!! The grand prize was a red velvet cake made by one of the ladies of our church and it was awarded to a father and son team for their talents with a yo-yo.

Everyone who participated is a winner. It takes a lot of courage to get up in front of a group and perform. Several folks tried to coax me into joining the clogging group that performed, but I bowed out! As I said before, everyone did a great job and my hat is off to each person who participated!

Kudos to the youth who did a terrific job preparing the meal (along with the adults who helped them) and serving. I know the judging of the talent show wasn't easy, but you did a fine job there as well. Everything was delicious and I am proud of all of you! Keep up the good work!