Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Beautiful Weather!

The sunshine has been absolutely wonderful! I hope everyone is having a good week. Mine is going pretty well. God has been blessing me in many ways lately. Not that He doesn't do so on a regular basis already, He is just blessing me even more now.

I recently was promoted to Office Manager at my job. Have been doing the work (or a majority of it over the last few years). I am thankful for this opportunity and am glad that God blessed me with the ability to do so. He has also opened a window in my life and allowed me the chance to reconnect with my ex-fiance's daughter. I have seen her a couple of times over the past few years, but recently we started emailing back and forth. We both were thinking that neither party wanted anything to do with the other. We spent 6 years thinking that the other person hated the other. Come to find out, that isn't the case at all! Praise the Lord for that! She means so much to me and I am thankful for the chance to mend past hurts.

I also recently saw a friend I haven't seen in a while and played miniature golf. We both are terrible at it, but we had lots of fun laughing and teasing each other. I even was fortunate enough to catch a cold in the process. Lucky me! :-) I am thankful that God has blessed me with his friendship. I have lots of friends to be thankful for. As well as my family (home and church).

Here are a few updates on the activities taking place in the next week or so.

Revival begins Sunday, April 29th. Morning and evening services begin at the regular times. The Monday-Wednesday services begin at 7pm. The guest speaker is the Director of Missions of the Orangeburg-Calhoun Baptist Association. Meals will be provided during the week in the fellowship hall at a cost of $5.00 per person. Invite a friend to join you in the food and fellowship and worship.

There will be a Children's Committee Meeting on Sunday, April 29th. It is being held in the gym and the meeting will start at 4pm.

The Big Day Out for youth is Sat., April 28th. The youth will be leaving the church at 10am that morning and will return at 5pm. $20.00 and a picnic lunch are needed.

I truly hope that the rest of your week goes well! Take care and God bless!

Love in Christ,

Tina :-)