Saturday, April 21, 2007

Good Saturday evening to each of you! I hope your week went well. I wanted to take a few minutes to update you on some activities taking place in our church.

Tomorrow after the morning worship service, the youth will be hosting a spaghetti dinner/cake auction in the fellowship. This fund raiser is being held to help raise funds for their summer youth retreat. Parents: remember if your young person is interested in attending this function, it is imperative that he or she is in attendance tomorrow to help earn the money. A deposit of $40.00 is needed (deadline is Sunday, April 22nd). More info will be provided.

The "Big Day Out" is scheduled for Sat., April 28th. Make sure you listen up on Wednesday evenings to learn more about this activity.

Revival begins Sunday, April 29th. Sunday services will begin at the regular times. The Monday-Wed. services will begin at 7pm. The Director of Missions from the Orangeburg-Calhoun Association will be the guest speaker. Remember to be in prayer for our guest speaker and our revival.

Craft night is being held every Tuesday evening in the trailer located by Culler-McAlhany Funeral home. Crafts are being made for the Christmas bazaar in Dec. All ladies are invited/encouraged to attend. Those who are interested it is slotted from 6:30-8:30pm.

It was a sad week for those at Virginia Tech. I feel for those who lost loved ones in this tragedy. All things have a purpose. I do not know what the purpose is for this needless act, but we can rest assured that God does. I pray that those who lost loved ones will find the peace and grace needed to make it through this difficult time. I also pray that God will have mercy on the soul of the young man who committed these senseless acts of violence. It is NEVER a good way to solve problems. It always causes more hurt and grief than a person should bear. I also pray that those who were injured and even those who witnessed this, will heal and grow stronger in Christ.

I appreciate the thoughtful words of concern, encouragement and love expressed by those who have contacted me regarding why I haven't been seen at church as of late. I haven't been feeling well (stomach virus, cold, lots of things due to stress). I have missed my church family and am thankful to have such a caring one. It means the world to me.

It is also my understanding that our Minister of Music will be leaving us in June. I am very saddened by this. I do realize that God must have a bigger plan in mind for him and his wife to lay this desire to relocate on their hearts and minds. June is still a few months away, but I know they will be greatly missed. I wish them both the best of luck in their new journey!

I believe that covers all I have for now. Take care and God bless!

Love in Christ,

Tina :-)